111 Places in Rome That You Must Not Miss (Revised and Updated)
Item ships in 1-2 business days
- 20 million tourists, seven hills, 111 secret tips/tip-offs
- Through which keyhole do you get the best view of the Eternal City?
- Where can you find the formula that changes lead into gold?
- The best-selling series, now also in Italy.
20 million tourists are drawn to Rome - every year. They admire the Colosseum and St. Peter's Cathedral, sit down on the Spanish Staircase, and stroll along the Campo de Fiori. But the Eternal City offers still more: secrets, clandestine spots, stories sunk into oblivion. Why, for example, is there a lighthouse, although Rome is not on the ocean? Where is the grave of Pope Joan? What does the hangman's cloak have to tell? What landmark was nearly stolen? Where do you get rewarded for impossible misbehavior? And why is the world's oldest baby hatch here, of all places? This book will bring you to spots that will show you the City Number One from a completely new side - the city where everybody wants to be at least once in his life.
- Author: Annett Klingner
- Publisher: Emons Publishers (Nov 12, 2017)
- ISBN13: 9783954513864
- Binding: Paperback
- Page Count: 240
- Dimensions: 5.5" x 8" x 0.75" (14 cm x 20 cm x 2 cm)